Thanks for visiting our site, please consider supporting and donating to our campaign
Political advertisement paid for and approved by Wengay M. Newton Sr, Democrat, for Florida House, District 70
Copyright © 2018 Wengay M. Newton Sr., Post Office Box 11551, St. Petersburg, FL. 33733. All Rights Reserved.
I want to continue being part of the conversation on:
Affordable Housing, Education, Juvenile Justice, Medicaid Expansion, Equal Pay For Women, Living Wage Jobs, Business, Tourism and the Environment.
Affordable Housing - We need more safe, clean and affordable housing options. Also, the legislature needs to stop raiding the “Sadowski Trust Fund”.
· Criminal Justice Reform - Over 2400 arrest in St. Petersburg. The State Juvenile Jail Bed budget is $196 Million Dollars. Mostly Privatized this is “Cash For Kids”, also ” Rights Restoration” I believe that once a person repays his/her debt to society. They should have full rights restoration and be able to enjoy the American Dream.
· Medicaid Expansion - 850,000 Floridians uninsured, people need access to good health care and it creates jobs.
· Equal Pay For Women - Equal Pay, for Equal Work. Women earn 73 cent to the mans dollar. This issue is even more detrimental in retirement.
· Transportation Options - BRT, Uber, Lyft and ZipCar, people need options for School, Work and Play.
· Business & Tourism - Advocate for Business, Sports and Medical Tourism.
· Environment - Renewable Energy - Florida is the Sunshine State, I want to work to use more of our sustainable resources. Amendment #1 - Proper funding for Clean Water and the Preservation of our natural resources is important.
· Education - With 5 Failing Schools in the district, adequately funding education with and emphasis on Early Childhood. Because ages birth to 5 years are the key development years for a child’s brain.
· Living Wage Jobs - People need to earn a good wage to be able to live and provide for there families.